Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I made this  aways back..and thought it was fun, However when I had to make the Diamonds i thought it was very wasteful and a pain in the butt

The Maple lengths were angled then 45’d to give th visual of grain following all around the tip of the center…then by the time it was dyed the colors ya coulnt even appreciate the grain…doing Maple Diamonds like this produces exactly 50% waste,ya cut a section, then ya hafta flip the piece to get another section to match…I didnt realize that from looking at the prints until i was doing it

just sharing that pain to Those of interest…but its a cool cabinet for the kids

Nice work Gene!

Curt

Eli Polite

great work i love cabinets like that i wish i had more pics of my work to show off but i was not always smart enough to take pictures of my work i know better now

David Gerard

Damm Gene!!  wow!   are you like me whereu yor wife picks out a piece of furniture and you veto the purchase cause “you can make that,  and better”  and it’s still not made!   Do you have some of your own stuff in your house is it stuff you can’t afford, like most of us    ha

david..howju know that is going on and will probaly continue…i got an avonite cabinet and tub suround and SS baseboard in my bathroom………dat was long time ago….I still have gray laminate formica kitchen countertop and brushed aluminum cabinetry..back when Industrial was in style

I dont think it was in style, i just lied cause i got a good deal on the Metal laminate….she sees all these colors and materials I now work with and threatens me that she is gonna put our kitchen and house on my website or even fabnet…

so I gonna try to have her a new kitchen soon before christmas before she figures out my pass word to upload…hehehehehe

thanx for the compliment s guy, Yeah Eli, I knew about the camers thing, because I was trying to explain some of the stuff I was making to people like making giant dogbowls and Pineapples for the New York retail industry and Disney stuff…and nobody would believe me if i never took pictures of my work

i wish I had pictures of all my school woodwork projects like the napkin holders and stufff…got two cabinets my Grandma still has on film…but I can tell you musta made some great stuff in your time!!!!!let that be a lesson to everyone take pictures of your work…

robin

May be if anyone can share some more images that would be great for all of us,I would also get to know more and more thing around.
    http://www.office-bargains.com

Tom M

Man, the’ bots are getting better and better these days.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.