Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    David Gerard

Hi guys,  I am curious if any of you use air cleaners in your shops?

We have a Jet.   It worked great but the filter is a bear to clean out.  Sorry to say it hangs un used these days until one of us feels like dealing with it.
    I had a call yesterday from the Flow Max brand rep.  It sounds like a better unit.
    Anyone using these and how do they perform?  
    Im just not sure we will ever win the war on white dust though.
    David Gerard

sorry for the trick, I just want to talk about getting fresh air.

dont understand? click here.
    I feel like Im talking in circles 
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

We find that collecting dust at the source is a much better solution. Once the dust is in the air it is impossible to deal with. I also understand that solid surface dust clogs the filter where wood dust still allows air to pass through.

Once the dust collector sucks a bit of solid surface dust through it, it becomes useless.

Michael

David,

I agree with Andy in that it is easier to get the dust as you cut then try to filter it out of the air. Also as I posted in the other thread a cyclonic trap works wonders and the nice thing is they reduce stress on the motor. Depending on the type of cyclonic trap you have, you can get rid of about 95% of dust and particulate before it ever gets near the main filters and the motor. The only issue is you do need to empty them regularly or they will allow particulate to pass on to the main filters and that can really shorten their usable life span.

Michael

David Gerard

thanks,  Im going to look at that.

Tom,  new band name  “The Dusty Brothers”   or Bastards?
    Michael

David,

http://www.clearvuecyclones.com/

is one of the companies producing them for industrial use. They make a huge difference as they can get rid of dust as small as 5 micron according to some independent testing. Hope that helps. No, I don’t work for that company, nor own stock, nor get any money from them and I don’t even own one of their models machines.

Michael

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I own one of those clear cyclones. It is hooked up to my CNC. Works great keeping the filter clean.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.