Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

playing around with some tables..The currency really shows up pretty good with the white edge…pretty fun…I am starting to like ShetkaSTONE now…

Gene:

Looks good as usual, but I had to look this one up. For a fraction of a second, I thought you typed Shirestone! Eeeek!

Joe

Norm Walters

Gene, did you use your oven for that edge? What did you use for the “form” the table top itself?

of course I used da oven…and what do ya mean form the top…ya buy the tops premade..put a mdf template on top to trim off and make clean seam line…wrapp thermoform Luma around, shape it and done…..

in between those simple statements was alot of bad mouth words…burnt my forearm on the hot luma stone..left a peice in oven too long and made bubble up lumistone…which will be made into the new Luma-Bubble crunch for a premium price

But I am not going to tell anyone that…i want everyone to think I fabricate easy and perfect…oooppps this is public isnt it??

Shetkastone doesnt sell slabs, they premake it…but if you buy a square conference table…you can cut into desired shapes

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

We did some ShetkaStone once. It’s like paperstone sort of. Do you think the expansion will cause any issues with the Lumistone?

Andy, I think its more like SS with a hint of epoxy tops…I prototyped a peice of lumastone to it and to Paperstone 4 months ago..put outside in the florida june heat…nothing really happened yet..i figure 90 days no changes it probaly last…where all the tables are going they are going is 75 degrees..so I hope nothing happens..

I used Integra to attach it…I will keep my fingers crossed though…but all kidding aside…I dont ever worry about icontraction and expansion issues on substrate has to be 1/8 th inch from back of stacked buildup…I dont think siliconed MDF substrate can break off a Buildup stacked edge..I think it travels the path of least resisitance

but thats my opinion, not disagreeing with fab manual people…just experimenting…But back to the Shetkastone…You have to buy that prefabbed dont you…isnt it gummy…the integra bonded right into it from what I saw…paperstone it look more like a mechanical seam

Norm Walters

Gene, what I meant to say was did you use the top for the form for the edge, like clamping the edge to the top until it cooled?

Oh yeah  sorry buddy…one of those long winded answers of mine…Yup

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I used Integra on EcoTop and Paperstone and they are still stuck together. Can’t say they will stay like that but for now it works.

The Shetkastone was prefabbed and we just cut a notch and installed it for a bar. Nothing much to it and we didn’t have to sand it at all.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.