Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

We are gluing up some boxes that have an open top. While we can get most of the adhesive off the material, we need the inside corners to be perfect.

What are you guys using to sand the inside corners?

Any help would be appreciated.

Manish

Hi Andy, I first scoop the extra adhesive after 10 minutes, that is before it cures. Use a mdf piece as per corner shape & sand paper to sand the inside corner. Regards, Manish

Tom M

Agreed on the scraping. Do it often during the set. We use a piece of PSA sandpaper on the back of a Corian block.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Thanks,

We do scrap is, but it always seems to get all over the place no matter how careful we are.

Wayne

We carefully tape the surfaces before assembly. Don’t touch the adhesive or tape ’til it cures. Just pull off the tape with the adhesive. We’ve done miles this way.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Excellent idea with the tape. I am going to try it.

What Wayne suggests does work.  I use cellophane tape when I do it and I finger off excess squeeze out just so that there isn’t so much adhesive for the tape to pull off.  Sometimes if you leave a big glob of adhesive it will be too much for the the tape to lift off and you might need to chissel the glob off anyway. 

Johnny C

Wayne

We use our v-groover tape (#355) because it doesn’t shred when removing.

AlpsTech

We remove the excess carefully with a sharp chisel, then spray acetone and wipe the corners down. Tape works great too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.