Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Heard a rumor that Vetrazzo has been purchased and they will be moving out of California.

Anyone have any details?

Wags

I read an article a few weeks ago, that they were in financial straights and were looking at investors, some that wanted to move the company. Not heard anymore since then. I’m sure there are cities/states that would be more “friendly” to a green business than Ca is.

Wags

Vetrazzo emailed me today:

Vetrazzo Joins Polycor

“Vetrazzo is pleased to announce that we are now a division of Polycor, the nation’s leader in sustainable quarrying of granite and marble. This acquisition is a perfect fit for Vetrazzo’s next stage of growth. Polycor is the responsible choice for locally produced stone that respects our environment through well managed quarries, and the reduced carbon footprint of local shipping. Like Vetrazzo, Polycor shares a commitment to job creation in North America. “

Joe

Tom M

Sustainable quarrying of granite and marble????

Grows like bamboo, them rocks do.

To quote Inigo Montoya: “You keep using this word – I do not think it means what you think it means”.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Interesting, I will contact Vetrazzo and see what’s up.

Chris Yaughn

We had a client request a quote from them this week.  Distributing to GA out of Polycor’s Tate, GA location.

They will sell half and quarter slabs , which was interesting. 

Freight is going to be  a problem, as our quote for two slabs was $700.  We are about 4 hours south of them.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

yea that material is very expensive.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I contacted Vetrazzo and they confirmed the move. Here is the official press release.

http://vetrazzo.com/about_hires_view.asp?type=Press%20Releases

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.