Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Just covering my butt in case someone reads my suggestion on a Fabricator network and a lawyer sues me cause I told someone to use this saw or router bit and they do some damage to themselves..

I could read the summons now..Our defense is that our client would have never chop off his toes with a saw if you havent suggested the type of router bit to use…also Im sueing for the guy you told to test if a router bit is sharp by rubbing his finger down it and stirring up acetone with that same finger anyway…just a creepy sick world out there these days…common sense is now a course they hafta teach to people..

ajames

Gene,

I purchased a 30 x 50 inch slab that is 1″ thick. When cutting holes for sink knockouts are you using a jig saw or circ. saw for main cut? I assume you would use a router to clean up the inside for an undermount sink.

I was trying to use my router with 1.25 inch long bit by 1/2″ shank and trying to start with maybe 3/16 – 1/4 inch to make first pass and my carbide blades were beat up after the first pass and I used a new bit. So I stopped with that first pass as I am trying to figure out how to do the cut now and keep it clean.

thanks for your info.

Brian Stone

Is I was doing a cutout by hand I would do the first cut with a circular saw and I would probably do that in multiple passes. If it was available I would try a bi-metal core bit for the corners but a jigsaw may work. 1/4″ is probably a lot for a carbide bit to cut through on 1″ paperstone. I would try 1/8″ max per pass.

ajames

Brian,

Thanks. I guess I will get another bit and try 1/8 depth or close to it. When you say bi-metal core bit are you talking a 1/4″ bit. The type you would use for the faucet hole? I have that bit already. 1.5 inch carbide. I purchased that for the faucet hole I knew I would need when I figured out the rest.

Thanks

Brian Stone

That was my granite lingo mixing with woodworking lingo. I should have said bi-metal hole saw. If you can find a large one at a decent price they can help with the corners. It’s not necessary though.

Tomson

Hi,
    I’m new here, although I have been reviewing paperstone counters. I’ve published an article today about paperstone. Hope it helps.

Tomson
    Engineered Stone

Tomson:

In this article of yours, you make a case that the materials used to manufacture engineered stone are dangerous, but you never make the link between that and a danger to end users. If engineered stone manufacturers follow all applicable laws and the end product is safe, where is the problem?

Joe

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.