Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Dani Homrich

Had to fix 169″ of deck seams 9 in total. Here are a few for starters.

Dani Homrich

Here are the before and after of 2

It took 2 very long nights and the customer approved all the seams.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

That looks ten times better. Did you have to shim the low side by removing the tops or were you able to fix from the underside?

I am always amazed that they get away with seam like that from the onset. Who approves crap like that?

Nice job Dani.

Dani Homrich

The tops could not be moved every thing was installed (sneeze guard post through the tops, steam tables, pop mach, ect.

Main counters are 42″ wide, side counters 35″ , cutout seams 8″ to 12″ wide all seams were ground with diamond and re polished.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

You ground the deck of the quartz down to match the low side? That is damn near impossible.

I would be willing to bet a lot of people would like to know how to do that.

Dani Homrich

No Andy, I ground the raised top back from 1/2″ to an 1″ with a radius on it to eliminate the sharp edge then polished out the worked area. Some of the tops were out over 3/16″ over an 18″ span, noway to make that flat in Quartz. I only had to make it so they would clear the punch list and get approval for final payment. There was more than 90′ of tops

Wags

Dani does the impossible daily !

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

You have to be extremely patient for this type of repair.

Tom M

“Dani does the impossible daily !”

That’s actually a good line, Wags. Take note, Dani, that describes you pretty well.

Dani Homrich

Thanks guys. Just taking on the job was scary, was I going to fix it or destroy it.
    There are no tools made to do what I was going to without destroying the tops,
    and I am talking about tons of money in installed tops. Here is a photo of the tool I made to do the job. Velcro hook on a 3/4″ grinding wheel used with 1″ plated diamond disc.

It’s the challenge of the project that sucks us in, isn’t it Dani?  And who better to take on that kind of project and it’s uncharted course, than a guy of your imagination and tenacity.  Great job!!

If you are like me, you have accepted projects even before you have any idea how to execute the details.  You thrive on putting to bed any doubt that “anything is possible”.   Oh, and maybe I will add this, if anybody tells you it can’t be done, the more determined you are to show them wrong.
    Johnny C
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.