Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Tom M

Gene,
    When you say VT, do you mean vertical grade material thickness?

I’m doing my first Richlite in a long time. 3/4″ material. I know I need to strive for a completely level seam, so as not to get the laminate layers showing. Any other tips, maestro?

yes Tom…i never remember what VT mica stands for…i always simply say to myself it stands for Very Thin as opposed to standard mica…anyway..Richlite is thin and more directional than paperstone..keep in mind seaming a piece that isnt the same direction will show on the edge…the yellow colors really have a darker edge…just like when working with oak…the end grain shows up darker…once ya get that right..its just a seamline where they meet

oh yeah and write anything on the stuff…its sounds like an idea thatcha may sand it off…but if ur seam is level and ya hafta sand off the letter S on the sheet…..now after that 150 grit that baby than gray scotch brite it…than rub some buthcer block oil or bees wax…rag that dry than go over it with a gray scotch brite again…that my friend is a finish or durablity and sheen…
    The manual..may say different…try my way on a scrap
    Paperstone manual on finshing is hilarious…that why all the samples they sent around the world u can scratch with ur fingernail…blooper marketing right there
    you have my number too if ya have trouble my email is refreshinteriors@verizon.net
    Gordon Shell

Great info Gene, I have a small piece of paperstone that I can play with here, I’ll get the courage soon.

Tom M

Greenie,
    We always called it V-32, because it was approx. .032 of an inch. That’s closer to .028 nowadys, I think.

Now we just call it vertical grade.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.