Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Chad Thomas

Customers have been asking us for a true clear adhesive that cures
    fast and provides strong bonds on stone, polyesters and acrylics. We’ve
    responded.

The new color “Glass” is the latest to join the Seam-it lineup and
    it’s unique formulation provides a crystal clear glue-perfect for
    Granite laminations and difficult to seam products like the Avonite
    Glass series.

Get your free sample today

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

This is great news. I have used clear adhesive in the past and the glue turns yellow after it’s cured.

Are you saying this glue stays clear even after it’s cured?

Should work great for Avonite.

Send me some please

Refresh Interiors, Inc

4641 Lown St. North

St. Petersburg, Fl. 33714

look forward to checking it out…hope this well help with Glass…

Chad Thomas

On the way Gene….

Chad Thomas

Andy,

Yes it stays Clear. 
    We have always been able to produce a true clear even after curing-the problem has been it required a really slow cure (1 hour or so). The new chemistry maintains clarity and cures in roughly 20-25 minutes.
    I am sending you and Gene samples to try.
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Thanks for the information.

If you use this color on medium colors like Sandstone, would you see a dark like if there was a gap in the seam?

Chris Yaughn

Andy, I can answer that.   Yes.  Super clear is only good for the tightest of seams be they granite or ss.

Any any any gaps will show a shadow line and look dark.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Cool, thanks.

Tom M

Got mine. Thanks Chad!

got mine…cant wait…did these glass tops with silicone seams ..yuck..it made the builder feel more comfortable about shock and movement…but it sux…Im gonna etch the glass and see if this clears it back up and tightens up the appearance

thanx Chad for your fast delivery..:)
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Got mine. Noticed the new label. Looks nice.

Michael

Chad could this be used to fill an engraving? we are looking for an optically pure (or as near as possible) material to back fill engraving and back side bas-relief type work to help maintain the strength of the working surface above. Just wondering and would rather ask and find out not then not ask and miss a tool that could be used.

Michael

Chad Thomas

Hi Michael

The short answer is yes-you can use the adhesive as an inlay/filler and the new Glass is very clear. It has optical properties similar to tempered glass in that a thin casting will apear completley clear and a thick casting will have a slightly off clear appearance. It doesn’t turn cloudy’ just a very slight green tinge like you would see in a thick peice of glass. When using adhesive as an inlay, it is important to fully wet out the mixing tip before filling your casting to eliminate air bubbles.
    I would reccomend ordering a free sample and trying it on your application-we would love to hear the results. Visit http://www.gluewarehouse.com and look to the top right corner of the homepage for the free sample link.
    I should also mention Align Rite Tool. They manufacture and sell an acrylic product that is specifically for inlays.  www.alignritetool.com/inlay.htm  Not sure if they do a clear.
    I am on the road this week and posting from a mobile so excuse the grammar and spelling . If you want to discuss on the phone my number is 360 325 6607.
    All the best
    Chad
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

So the seam adhesive will work as a fill without issue? Is that correct?

Chad Thomas

It will work as an inlay/fill but you have to watch for air bubbles (wetting out the tip should eliminate them).
    Also keep in mind that the larger the casting is the more chance of discoloration due to the glue getting hotter as a result of the larger mass.
    As with any new adhesive application, I would recommend running a small test piece before going full speed ahead.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.