Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Brian K

Does anyone have any experience with this feature? The connector to activate is either on the end of the equipment bed or on the control cabinet. According to Multicam this is used to add light curtains and safety mats to the equipment. I have one problem we are trying to resolve. The x – y travels continues to move a short distance (almost an inch) after the signal is given to halt (pause) the machine. The travel is the same in either direction. So it is does not appear to be a brake problem. This looks like a programming issue. Multicam says it should work just like pressing the pause button on the pendant.
    We have this on our MC laser and our MC router. has anyone seen this problem?
    Thanks,
    Brian

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I have not had that issue.

If it is supposed to work just like the pause button, what happens when you press the pause button? Is it the same response?

Brian K

Thats what we thought as well. The pause button on the teach pendant works correctly. It stops all functions as soon as you press it. The safety plug allows our machine to travel after it is activated, the laser imeadiately turns off but it travels almost an inch in either direction. If this were activated during a sheet cut, that would scrap a sheet of material from the over travel.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

So basically they are incorrect.

I have had major issues with Multicam. The regional guy can or won’t fix my issue and the people in Texas claim they can’t get involved with a local issue. It is really a bunch of crap.

Call the people in Texas and raise hell. That was the only way I could get my control pad to stop randomly shutting off my machine. Come to find out it was a know issue caused by a sticky part. Tap the part with a little piece of wood and the problem was solved. I paid over $250 for my local guy to NOT fix the problem.

Brian K

Andy, we have had the same issue with Multicam here in Michigan. They want a serivce call for something they know about and can resolve in a matter of minutes but sometimes drag it out to get service time at your shop. Let me try Texas and we will see if they are a more friendly than the guys here.
    Thanks,
    Brian

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Try this.

Julio
    julio@multicam.com
    (972) 929-4070 ext 2111

He is the guy that helped me and was upset that the local guy wouldn’t fix the issue in a timely manner. Very nice guy.

Brian K

Andy, thanks for the contact. I just emailed him and we will see hat he has to say. I tried emailing Texas initially to get an answer and they just diverted this to the local branch of Multicam. So we will wait for Julio to respond.

Brian K

Andy, Multicam was a little negative about me contacting their Texas offices and put this back on the local office who actually did the right thing by us and corrected the problems. They worked on both our laser system and our our router both, we experienced simular problems when we tried to activate the safety system for the first time.
    This should be checked when making a new purchase or used of Multicam equipment as you may not be aware of the problem during the first year or if OSHA should ask for light curtain safety be added to new or used equipment.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Yea, they don’t like to pay for what the local people are supposed to pay. BUT, at least you got the problem solved. I could care less about their feeling, they piss me off when they claim their service is so great but when a problem comes up, they just shrug their shoulders until you go away.

Glad you got it fixed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.