Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lenny E

An old hillbilly farmer had a wife who nagged him unmercifully. From
    morning till night (and sometimes later), she was always complaining about
    something. The only time he got any relief was when he was out plowing with his
    old mule. He tried to plow a lot.

One day, when he was out plowing, his wife brought him lunch in
    the field. He drove the old mule into the shade, sat down on a stump, and began
    to eat his lunch. Immediately, his wife began haranguing him again. Complain,
    nag, nag; it just went on and on. All of a sudden, the old mule lashed out with
    both hind feet; caught her smack in the back of the head. Killed her dead on the
    spot.

At the funeral several days later, the minister noticed something
    rather odd, When a woman mourner would approach the old farmer, he would listen
    for a minute, then nod his head in agreement; but when a man mourner approached
    him, he would listen for a minute, then shake his head in disagreement. This
    was so consistent, the minister decided to ask the old farmer about it.

So after the funeral, the minister spoke to the old farmer, and
    asked him why he nodded his head and agreed with the women, but always shook
    his head and disagreed with all the men.

The old farmer said: “Well, the women would come up and say
    something about how nice my wife looked, or how pretty her dress was, so I’d
    nod my head in agreement.”

And what about the men?” the minister asked. 

“They wanted to know if the mule was for sale.” 

David Gerard

This is turning out to be a good joke. I’ve told it sitting around the coffee table at ” the fritz creek general store”
    Waiting to lay it on Otto Kilcher. Ha!
    Thanks, keep them coming!

Lenny E

Thanks David. I stole that off one the many gun forums I read. And they likely stold it elsewhere. A bunch of us ole rednecks hang up on those gun boards.

just goggled ‘Fritz Creek General Store”. Homer is certainly an interesting place you chose for your abode.I even signed the Kilcher guestbook.

David Gerard

Ha! Cool! I made Atz Kilcher let me fix his rifle. He also had me put a “biathlon” hands free carry harness on it so when he rides his steel pony he has fast access to it. Fritz creek general store is 1/2 mile from my house.
    Coffee every morn there at 10 sharp. Gourmet food too.
    Where else can you get gormet soup and fresh bread for 5 bucks?
    Its our center of the universe!

Lenny E

David,

That harness sounds very good. What kind of rifle did Mr Kilcher have?

Ha at Biathlon. I actually considered practicing up to enter that once. I would do OK on the shooting part I think.I’d have to buy a Anschutz type .22 rifle for that. Although I do have some old bolt action military trainers in .22 (Romanian M-69, Polish WZ-78 and another one that I can’t remember the name of that are darn accurate and would give them a run for the money).

But alas, I’d come in dead last (or die somewhere out there from a heart attack) due to my weak cross country skiing skills. Compared to Downhill skiing thats darn hard work. I’ve done it- push off the camber with 1 leg, slide the other foot along, repeat with other foot. Sit down on a log after a while and rest for a bit. A littlle nip of Makers Mark ‘antifreeze” then repeat. They won’t let an old fat guy like me take the ski’s off and roll thru the snow like a big ball to make up for time, either.

When they let you have snowmobiles, I’m there! A man has to know his limitations!

David Gerard

Model 70 win. 300 mag. Perfect all around alaskan smoke stick. A synthetic stock would be helpful.

Lenny E

I love the wood stocks (old School) but synthetic is the way to go for an outside Alaskan “Smoke Stick”.

Those model 70’s were cool. I used have one of those in .243 before I let it get away from me. Wished I still had that rifle!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.