Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Tracy

we could do the tank in SS or as customers’ appointed drawing

rdolesh

Curt,
    Would you be kind enough to describe your procedure in a little more detail?   I am planning on undermounting a granite (I believe) composite sink to a laminate countertop with 5200 without a ring, and would love to get any pointers.

Especially, as far as the process of cutting/routing out the laminate…

Richard

man..that looks clean..people still complain about the black line…I dont get it..a customer wants me to put the beveled egding on laminate top just to hide that line but wont settle for sold surface or colorcore laminate..that wilsonart HD is price pretty premium…i gotta admit it is mor escratch resisitant than Black Corian

Tom M

Te HD material W/A has put out is now my favorite laminate. I was surprised that the texture did not seem to make it more prone to dirt trapping, and it truly is a durable finish. All hail aluminum oxide!

Tom..I know you know I love my laminate…I always loved Wilsonart anyway..I think before I beveled to reduce the filing of the edge..it seemed the wilsonart stayed its brown color and felt firm as opposed to the others that felt like it was a brittle edge…but I love this HD..I would be worried if i sold dark SS trying to compare scratch resisitance… have you beat it with a hammer yet Tom?  of course plywood shows the bangs..put laminate to melamine or mdf..it takes a beating..:)

Tom M

Greenie,
    I have two HD tops in the showroom. One of them is the surface upon which we place the smaller stone samples (8×8 or so). We slide those rough backed samples all over the surface of that laminate top and you can’t even see the scratches, if there are any.

Nevamar did a truly innovative thing when it introduced ARP and WilsonArt brought it into the new millennium.

I remember you are a lammy lover from way back. My biggest problem nowadays is the melamine is usually so thin, combined with the bright base color of the decorative sheet means that if you file one stroke more than flush, you burn the paper on the edging. That really drives me nuts.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.