Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    KCWOOD

Good reading here

Sent from my iPhone 

Lenny E

“Pig in a parlor”

Could they have also said “Hog in a Hotel”?

or

“Sow in a Sit-com”?

And you guys thought I would end up being the most notorious fellow to walk this forum.

Hah!

Thanks for that Kelsey! I sent this to my step- daughter who is in College with the caveat…”Do not Ever write a paper called Hot For Teacher! ”

I loved the accompanying photo BTW. Kowboy  berated me because I posted photos where my hair wasn’t perfect, or I was not dressed to the nines. Hey I’m a working stiff, that’s what I look like!

I think that is the photo Kowboy will always be associated with and be remembered by.

IMHO , It has “Loser” written all over it!  

There will be no “ill gotten gains” or “riding the Gravy Train” today for Kowboy!
    Like the rest of us, it’s back to work for Kowboy!
    To all the ladies needing new counter tops in Sarasota. Hide and lock  them panties up! 

KCWOOD

The opinion below :  wonder what the next step will be for an attention grabbing stunt? 

Maybe a new paper: Cold for my attorney but like to sequester his secretary?
    Tom M

I have refrained from talking about Joe on this site, as he is not here to defend himself. I have thought that things are never quite as they seem, and his gun opinions, as well as his other libertarian positions probably sowed the seeds for the teacher to take action as soon as she felt she had cause.

From the comments:

“He goes on about his right to free speech, but that does not mean he has the right to make someone so uncomfortable.” Umm, yeah, he does. That’s kind of the whole point of the 1st amendment.

The teacher said nothing was off limits. Perhaps she should have phrased it differently. I’m not saying what he wrote was not obnoxious. I’m saying the selective outrage we get in our educational institutions is as bad as it is in our real world and it had gotten way out of hand.

Tom M

On the other hand, he could always run for mayor of New York City…

Lenny E

Hah!

Matt Kraft

Posted By Tom M on 25 Jul 2013 07:35 AM

On the other hand, he could always run for mayor of New York City…

He should re-enroll under the pseudonym Carlos Danger I guess.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

WOW.

I thought I read everything until this new post. Looks like some of the information Joe posted in the past was only a portion of it.

Tom M

Matt, I still like the Anthony/Elliot political tag team combination of Wiener Spitzer.

Andy,
    From what I read, don’t you have your own mayoral sex scandal kicking up dust? At least in San Diego, yes?

KCWOOD

Tom, 

Joe said the teacher said “raw stuff” which I really doubt, so I think that was a lie. I doubt a upstanding professional teacher would use the word “Raw” 
    You say the first amendment gives a person the right to make someone uncomfortable or even scared. Bullshit .. I’m sure there are many people that has said things that got them in hot water in the criminal justice system. 
    Joes an attention seeker , I just hope he doesn’t use a firearm as his next call for attention 
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

That’s right Tom. I don’t recall the details but there is something going on.

The thing with freedom of speech is the fact that he was allowed to say what he wanted. This doesn’t mean that there are no consequences. These are the consequences of his actions. In fact he is still allowed to voice his opinions and probably will.

Tom M

Kelsey,
    The quote I cited said “uncomfortable”. You do not have the right to threaten any kind of illegal act. Yo do not have the right to slander. You do not have the right to incite to riot, or say something that might result in same. There are many things you do not have the right to say, but you absolutely have the right to say something some other person might find uncomfortable.

In fact, i will go so far as to say that there is a huge movement in this country to appease the forever offended. People who will be affronted by anything someone says they don’t care for and they get away with more and more restrictions on what others may say.

I have purposely avoided reading Joe’s essay. I don’t want to read it, I won’t read it. There may indeed be something in there that steps over the line. I don’t know. What I do know is that if the teacher said anything goes, she gave the students an overly broad statement. I suggest she not say that in the future.

meh, this whole issue has been over blown on Joe’s, the college’s, the teacher’s and even our parts since the get-go.

Andy,
    Many media lessons are apparent with the San Diego Mayor thing.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Hey Tom,

The only reason we are even giving him any excuse is because the teacher was not harmed. If the teacher or student was harmed physically, we would look back on this essay, the words and pictures, along with his actions and demeanor and state these were tell tale signs of things to come.

Sure the teacher could have restated what she said. BUT, most people know and understand the difference. In fact all the other students understood.

How about the father that was pissed when a 55 year old man calls his daughter at 10 pm to ,”Check what the homework is”. That is BS and we all know it.

It’s creepy. We always try to rationalize bad bahavior and the danger it brings. Cats just run for their lives and look back after they are 100 feet away.

KCWOOD

Tom, I’ll say it again. You are quoting what Joe said. After reading the court documents, what he said was not true. Not sure why you won’t read it unless you don’t want to validate a belief. 

Andy is right, had he committed a violent crime, we would have pointed to that day book as proof he had given warning. 
    Tom M

KC,
    Here’s my quote from the previous post:
    “I have purposely avoided reading Joe’s essay. I don’t want to read it, I won’t read it. There may indeed be something in there that steps over the line.”

If so, then Joe got everything he deserved. My point in not reading it was so I can debate this on a higher level. Let’s take Andy’s point first:

“If the teacher or student was harmed physically, we would look back on this essay, the words and pictures, along with his actions and demeanor and state these were tell tale signs of things to come.”

Was it a threat or a sign? If it was a threat it was not only unprotected, it was outright criminal.

If I read it, I might agree with you 100%. I usually do. My issue is that, especially on Campus, we seem to have a selective opinion on what is acceptable speech and what is not. It seems often that if you are in a particular group that holds particular ideals, you can get away with much more than a different group. I am speculating here, but could it be that Joe’s position on guns helped shape him as someone dangerous in the eyes of the teacher, or the faculty?

Anyway, I’m backing out. I refuse to get into the weeds with the actual essay. If you, Kelsey, Andy, Norm and Lenny all think it was too far over the top, then I’m likely to agree as well.

I just don’t like how, to paraphrase Orwell: ‘We are all equal, but some of us are more equal than others.’

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.