Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I tried to not so much get away from green stuff and products because I feel I can prove or disapprove anything green…I always say until its measured by a percentage we all can say we are green…if you save scraps of ss..your green..its just common sense blown up real big…The locals did a cool article about me being green-ish and I actually thought it was a phase as far as green being fashionable.. click on the article ifya wanna check it out…but I am curious..do people still callya and ask for green products? 

my products I sell can be called green..but thats not why they are buying them…they buy them because they are nice looking and different

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Nice job Gene. In noticed you were featured in the bank ad to the right of the article as well. You’re kickin ass down there eh?

well funny you should say that..I feel Im being used.. They actually sponsored my article..I thought it was a cool ad they are running…although they used my old logo..it doesnt matter..I didnt pay a dime for them to run this all over the place…I did have to do an interview though…

I am liking the interviews..its like free press and I love the haters who send me comments about green this and green that…as if they are more greener than me…I figured out how to shut them Greener than thou wack jobs up…all ya hafta to say is…YOUR RIGHT BUDDY…and instantly they shut up…awesome, I always thought I had to hit them with a Recycled paperstone baseball bat…

Norm Walters
    Tom M

Gene,
    I remember the early questions you asked here on the FabNet. What an amazing bit of growth. You are da man!

Signed,
    The lazy guy who clicked on Norm’s link.

Norm how didja do that..i tried to do it and it wouldnt work..thanks buddy..Tom thanx for that..I remember many of youse guys helping me and the shows I went to…I leant many about starting a business from Kurt Bonk and how he started out small shop, gareage etc…

then the folowing years I went to a panel with You, Andy and I think Mory do a panel on starting a business//but i had my camcorder filming all youse guys
    I started filming because I wasnt there to make friends..I want to be a part of this industry and was pissed off that I attended all the classes with Bill wolley, and you guys and forgot much of the stuff that was said..
               but the second..I was prepared..I filmed all your knowledge and insite..and when I got home I studied these tapes and then made friends with Jon olsen and Solid Surface Magazine was in full effect before it decided to be all materials.
              I really look back and dont know how to thank you guys so much other than keep passing this on so our industry isn’t watered down to components laying in a freaking warehouse..
             Its funny many talk about inlays as a thing of the past…hilarious..my new ideas today I ell are from Old Solid Surface magazines…its funny they used to say back then they were ahead of their time..I might agree because inlays is what blasted me into being a specialty kinda guy and have no competition..its not that peeps cant do what I dod…they are just too big or dont have time to stop and do a lion fish coming out of a countertop..or my bullet shells and diamonds and dice for rappers…thanks to those who came before me..and I know if it wasn’t for Lenny sharing his mad scientist tips with me about chemicla diffeence with polys and acrylics…sheeeeetttt…I would have not excelled as fast…I rember when I didnt have much money, I actually saved the lumistone glue cause it was pricey and invented Lum-a-crunch…Sterling Surfaces sent me lumascrap and I got rid of all that glowing waste all over the world in tolet seats and kids bath tops…awesome…Ok Im getting sappy ..but seriously I love you guys in a non smoochy kinda way
    Norm Walters

Gene, I just copied and pasted it. On another note, it’s not just that you found a niche market, you are extremely artistic and original. I don’t think I’ve ever seen fish coming out of a countertop in a magazine before.   I’m sure you could market your talent in any other industry you wanted and be successful, whether it was in fashion, animation, special effects, etc…………

The fact that you like doing countertops is just a gift to all of us, in a non smoochy kinda way

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Gene, if it would make you feel better you can send a big check to the FabNet to ease any guilt you may have. I will share it amongst the members who helped.

hahahaha Andy, I knew you ask that..Im just gonna thank you guys by passing it on and trying to keep this golden thread of countertopamania going..and when I am in countertop trouble of me measuring or reading prints worng..I really would like to thank you guys for inspiring me into this business…especially when that customer that gave me 50% down and then she spent the balance on a boob job after I installed the tops…Oh them times I must remember you guys and your inspiration....all in all..the problems I run into..really NO problem…but one thing for sure..the quality of my problems has risen and I love it…so again Thanx Andy and many others for making me one crazy dude in the countertop world..must be the adhesive I keep huffing

Tom M

Gene,
    You need to give yourself a little more credit. There are those that generate ideas and those that don’t. You are the former.

On another thread, the relevance of ISFA was asked about. Having the local events, when you came to my shop and then we went to Sterling was the last of the truly special get togethers for me. I had such a wonderful time meeting you and everyone else. That was all because of ISFA.

Tom, ya know when you mentioned that about the get togethr before Russ took office and was looking fo rname changes of ISSFA back then..I gotta admit..I felt proud to be a part of ISSFA..toured Jons shop and us driving around them barracks and listening to them alterantives CD’s I still have an play…yes that was and that was valuable..keynote speaker Martin Funck, grant..

They are doing that here in Tampa soon, but have no idea if it would be like that one..
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Gene,

Your projects are more than green but they artistic. It is difficult to find a person with your skill and artistic ability. It just doesn’t happen much.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.