Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Chad Thomas

Customers are reporting great success using our new Structural Glue on Paperstone and like products. Abrading the surfaces before bonding has resulted in bond strength that is more than adequate to withstand typical fabrication requirements.

If you are fabricating any of the paper based products and would like to try a sample for yourself, visit our free sample page here; FREE SAMPLES

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

We glued some Richlite, it bonded initially but then fell off after about a month. I think we used Integra or Corian glue, I can’t remember which. I was told that regular adhesive wouldn’t bond.

Is this a different type of adhesive that will stick to the paper products?

Chad Thomas

Andy,
    This is quite different than a regular acrylic glue used for seaming. This is a true structural and will give a better bond to the paper based products than the adhesives you mentioned. If you have some PPstone I’ll send you some and you can try it

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

What type of gun do you need?

Chad Thomas

Andy
    We have a couple of option including a plunger that doesn’t require a gun for the 50ml
    The glue is a 1 to 1 ratio so it won’t work in the atndard Seam it guns.

Norm Walters

Chad, just out of curiosity, would that adhesive work for solid surface, would it be stronger than the regular adhesive?

Chad Thomas

Norm,

The glue bonds exceptionally well to SS. As far as comparative strength goes, I would say that it exceeds regular acrylics as it is a true structural product. A definition of a structural adhesive is as follows:

“an adhesive that contributes
    substantially to the structural integrity of the component
    or product being manufactured.”

Depending on the application and substrate, these tyupes of adhesives can exceed the strength of the substrate – meaning the sheet will break before the bond does. They also have some very interesting properties:

Viscoelasticity
    Curable on Demand (range of cure speeds)
    Low toxicity

You  wouldn’t want to use it in a visible area though-the color is not designed for seaming.

All the best,
    Chad

Tom M

Chad,
    Is this similar to the adhesive out out by (that other company) that worked well with dissimilar materials?

That was what we used to bond the solid surface coved wall sheets top the quartz deck.

Chad Thomas

Tom,
    I think the other 1-1 product you are talking about is a polyurethane and wouldn’t be considered structural. That glue would have more flexibility than the structural and be better suited to use in place of silicone.

Tom M

I’m pretty sure it was a 1-1, and I think you are correct. Do you have something compatible?

Chad Thomas

We don’t have a PU adhesive right now but the structural world probably work in this application.
    Happy to send you a sample if you want to try it and report back on your findings.

Tom M

Somewhere on here I posted a pic of the display we did with the solid surface wall sheet coved and glued onto a quartz deck. So far so good, but it was only a display.

I doubt I will ever sell one to a customer. It’s pretty expensive work.

Hold on the sample, Chad, but I do appreciate the offer.

Lenny E

Tom,

Its Paperstone. Jack up some 2nd grader and steal his paste. The hardest part about that, is preventing the shop guys from eating  it.

Hmmmmmmm, Paste!

Tom M

Minty goodness!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.