Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Tom M

Has anyone seen a sample of a product called glass2? I saw a 4×4 and it was stunning. The website (click here) says 99% glass. I assume that means the glass bits are held together with molten glass itself.

Has anyone worked with it? The distributor in my area says her are issues to be solved in the cutting phase of fabrication and it is not available here yet.

Greenie’s gonna have a blast with this.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I have seen a product like that. Not sure if it was called glass2. Sold by the same distributor as Icestone.

yeah…I seen that too andy..its Bio-glass…just like the company Enviroglas is now changed to Glasstop or something like that..Name changing the materials getsya to advertise with the CHECK this out ads..there was too many dilemas with it they will only sell it to ya if you have a waterjet…the slabs were 10 k on the average like precious stones 

Tom..that stuff is sweet..you can buy it as it comes in square form and use it as glass inserts in a top of a material we can work with…the brown glass would look great in some vetrazzo or stone .
    Tom M

Oooh, that’s a great idea, Greenie. Solves the cutting problem right there.

Gordon Shell

Very nice stuff but very expensive and has some fab issues. I know I am a mfg but hats off to the look, its very nice, if I could afford it I would grab a piece and create a very kool bar. I will tell you that our plant has produced the same look at a lower cost but we have seen the issues and are not comfy with producing it in volume just yet.
    I have seen it listed under 3-4 different brands so far, very cool stuff.

Gordon Shell

Our Version, no expectation of releasing it, just playing around.

Tom M

Am I correct in assuming that the glass is held together by molten glass?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

So you take marble size glass and smash it together under high heat?

Gordon Shell

I have to admit I do not know the exact process, Evan and our engineers created it.

John Sauer

Glass2 is a Chinese-manufactured glass panel made from fusing chunks of glass together at high heat. The 1% non glass portion of the slab is what they use to add color. Like Bioglass it has issues with fabrication that are mainly due to thickness and how fast they manufacture it.

We manufacture a competitive product [GleenGlass] in the US that is designed for stone fabricators. It is thicker and more dense. There are some steps for cutting it properly [like all materials] but they are not outside of standard industry practices. It can be cut, milled, drilled and polished with standard stone tooling.

While we are fully supportive of a world market, if you are looking for glass surfaces or recycled glass surfaces there are plenty of American made products to consider.

Best,

John Sauer
    GleenGlass
    360-882-0629

Tom M

John,
    Thanks for writing. I think Andy would be fine if you post a link.

John. please send me a sample..I want grind on it to check it out please

Refresh Interiors, Inc.
    4641 Lown St. North
    St. Petersburg, Fl. 33714
    727-527-0206
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Yea, post a link to the GleenGlass product.

John Sauer

Hi Gene,

Sorry for the late reply. I will send a few 4x4s in two different patterns that are rough enough that you can grind, cut and play with. It would be great if you could share your experiences with them.

Thank you Andy, our site is http://www.gleenglass.com[code] [/code] we have a fabricators section and will be updating the fabricator notes with some new 3-step pads and floor polisher techniques we have been playing with.

Thanks for the warm welcome,

John Sauer
    GleenGlass

Tom M

John,
    If you would, I would appreciate a few samples as well.

C. Mather Co., Inc.
    339 Chapel Rd.
    South Windsor, CT 06074

Thank you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.