Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tom M

I’m looking for a source for quality glass countertops. I do not man the recycled kind, I mean the solid glass with usually a painted bottom.

Any ideas?

Thinkglass.com from canada who pretty much everyone heard of

Jockimo.com has good quality..and many others just buy off these guys because of their bigger Kiln capacity
    also Tom..most locals have 3/4 inch thick glass..apply a graphic to the bottom and then just buy a 3″ strip to attach as buildup with a pinstripe in the edge…If the people want the thick 2 and 3inch thick glass then just send the template to these guys and they shipya back the parts and you install it

Glass2 is my new favorite material next to GFRC …loving the crete and glass.not mixed though…clean and seperated slabs that is

Kevin Cole

I did an article on “Smoke & Mirrors” a couple of years ago and they do amazing glass countertops. They are based in Washington state, I believe, and their website is http://www.smokeandmirrorsllc.com – you can find the article here: http://www.issuu.com/isfa/docs/q1_2010_isfa_mag_web_reduce/36

Tom M

Greenie,
    I looked at Jockimo, but there is something I’m not to fond of with the look they get. Maybe it’s just the website, but it looks a bit off to me. I will look into the canadian guys.

Kevin,
    As soon as I saw your post i was wondering if the product resource guide yo guys just sent out had any info?

Thanks for the link to the article. I will forward that to the customer.

The customer is looking for 1″ thick, so I want to keep the edge as clean as possible.

Thanks Guys!!!

Tom M

Gene,
    You can’t use a primer, of course, so are there paints that stick particularly well to glass, or do you use an adhesive faced graphic?

Latex is for glass bottoms..then seal over the latex so ya dont scratch it off sliding it on the cabinets or table base..graphics are great ..just tell your sign guy print out graphic and tell them you are applying to inside of store front window…if you tell them its for countertops they get all weird and start raising the price..also there is clear graphic material and have airbrushed designs on the graphic tell them to cut it 25 x whateverever and cut of one end and but to buildup

David Gerard

Tom, and when its all installed, pretty girls will flock to come lay down on it!

I installed a glass vanity top with an integral sink, I think the bottom was etched? Pretty cool top, I was afraid to break it, it was tempered I believe.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.