Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Meld USA

For those of you that offer concrete as an alternative surfacing solution are you fabricating concrete slabs in-house,  wet casting/spraying in-house or farming out the concrete work?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

We only do the Pre-Cast, Pre-Manufacturered slabs. Just easier to fit in with our current offering.

Michael:

Visiting Meld’s website, I was impressed. You’d have to be a hell of a fabricator to cast and finish as well as you guys. I like the way you are upfront with the limitations of the products such as staining and your slab sizing idea is brilliant. 

Most guys just want to make money. If they can make more selling and fabricating your slabs than they can casting their own, you’ll do fine. If there is any problem in the concrete counterop industry, it’s the ease of entry of a guy with a garage, a trowel and visions of $135.00 a foot in his head when he knows a bag of redi-mix is eleven bucks.

I just refinished an island for a lady who got concrete countertops for FREE because the guy never did them before and wanted the experience. Talk about competition. When people get things for free, they don’t appreciate what they have. Although the lady loved the way her island looked at completion, she wouldn’t pay to have the rest of the tops done.

Joe

P.S.:

We can’t discuss specific prices here, but I can ask yes or no questions. Are your slabs to fabricators priced about the same as engineered stone?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I second that. very nice website and nice looking slabs.

Jon Olson

Meld is the bomb. I meet Mike last year at the ICE  show .He’s going places
    Lenny E

Wow I just saw this fellers. I was in a Breton plant in Vietnam a while back (07 0r 08). It was interesting. They did the normal quartz stuff, but also cast a concrete line of patterns.

Anyone using that Nam- Breton concrete in the states?

The plant was owned by Vicostone, held by the parent company..Vinoconex, the largest construction player in Nam.

ben butler

check my signature

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Posted By dirkjerk on 24 May 2011 10:22 PM

check my signature

The link does not work.

Mark Meriaux
    JasonCarr

I wish I could get someone to buy concrete on the East coast period. Even at 50.00 a sqft installed All people want is Granite granite granite…

Tracy

why not try to contact with me?
    we are the fabrication factory, could satisfy you if you make me know your detailed inquiry infos…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.