Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Len Smith

I was following up on a listing for some photo-top equipment, and it led me to do some research on various E-templating options.  The impression I get after visiting the two or three top sites is that the whole industry basically hit a wall when the economy slid.  There was lots of information and new iterations prior to 2008, but after that, virtually no new information.  Fabricator’s Choice website for their offering is so antiquated that it makes you wonder if they’re still there (I know they are.)

Did the E-template industry just put any refining or advancement on hold as of 2009?

I’m afraid to buy a 2007 system, only to find that next year it will be unsupported if new stuff comes out.

I could be wrong about all this, but judging by the state of the information available on the Web, it sure seems stale.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

E-Template has their new 3-D Laser system which is brand new. I think they are going to be showing it at the Stone show and Coverings. You may want to look into that system. They will come to your shop for a demo ( I think ).

Chris Yaughn

If by E-templating you are meaning making digital templates, i would say it is alive and kicking.

Proliner is  an amazing tool capable of 3-d work

LaserProducts  has a 2d point plotter system that is good for most countertop situations.

We have zero experience with phototop devices.

Gordon Shell

Laser Products has made many changes to both their software and hardware over the past couple of years, make sure to check them out either on the web or at a show.

Len Smith

Good to know. I will definitely check them out.

Gordon Shell

I know a couple of the changes to the LT-55XL in 2011 were the addition of blue tooth to eliminate some wires from laser to computer and they changed from a tablet to a netbook giving you a real keyboard instead of the virtual.
    The software is continually improving also, they keep adding tons of new features.
    In the past I was a distributor and then a full time regional manager and trainer for LPI, I am a little bias but have used and disected all the others, I still think the LT-55XL is the best system out there for the countertop business.
    There are systems out there that do complete 3-D but they cost more, require more training and are overkill for countertop/cabinet templating.

I no longer work for LPI but I still love their system, good luck in your search.
    search youtube for LT-55 videos and check out the videos on their website http://www.laserproductsus.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.