Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ok my fellow Fabnettians..I been getting a few more than normal requests..Of course I already done the research and its a little risky for us and maybe you when you see the end result.

at first I thought it would be solid copper, its now after my reseach they are basically METAL LAMINATE tops..Chememtal even has nicer designs..but you can buy the heavy gauge copper.
    the stuff we want use is the 24 gauge which is thick and metal tools would work…but what annoys me is you have to pour resin over it too finish it..now this kitchen I was in had it but the resin seemed to be poured without an acid etch I would do to get a good bite on the resin…i truly think I could have peeled up the resin like a protective coating sheet is when we buy ss and metal laminates..
    Im still practicing with it because metal tops for island are hitting my phones quite a bit…dont be afraid my friends…its metal laminate work at its finest and then table pour after your finshed or thin the resin down and spray it on thru a hopper gun..
    and smooth undented copper for a counter will take much risk and skilled labor…Hammered copper is awesome I can bang the edge after filing to ding dent shape it and it looks awesome..
     dont tell anyone..they are really buying resin tops with copper metal encased in it…which is fine…but letchure clients know..the unfinished would scratch like stainless steel tops which cooks don’t mind..unless someone found another system out there..please share..im intrigued 
    guys here is the link with install info and all that stuff you may need to know if you decide to add it to your list of materials
    Michael

Interesting, stuff. Thanks for sharing

Michael

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Is the pricing in line with stone?

I would be scared to death denting the material. Is there a way to fix a dent?

Andy…thats why Im saying..as I know there isnt anyone that can fix a dent in like lets say polished chemetal laminate…but if you are going to do a bar top…make sure you buy the 24 gauge…your competitr may bid lower than you..this is where you ask what gauge they are using…but then do not offer polished copper dentless and ding leess…even a auto body couldn’t do it unless they bondo and repaint…

Tom M

If you are quoting metal laminate, or metal plate tops for that matter, you are bidding a much more rare type of top. You should mark the crap out of it. A metal top fabricator down by the gold coast in my state marks up about three hundred percent and does good business. Of course he is in a recession proof area, but still…

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Just do painted copper plywood. The folks are going to love it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.