Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Not sure why you would want a concrete counter to look like wood when you could just use wood and be done with it.  I was amazed.  Never thought that could actaully be concrete.

Here is the Link to the website.

Wags

I agree with you Andy. I never understood using one material and then trying to make it look like another material. What would be the benefits of using concrete vs wood?

Jon Olson
    Well for me WT CT are a pain. warping,they don’t last long, Dirty. I love the concrete look
    Wags

Actually Jon, if wood is made correctly, sealed correctly and installed correctly it will last forever. Some come with a lifetime warranty against splitting and warping also. And, like Solid Surface it is renewable. I think the concrete is a cool look, but it has maintenance issues also, and is not renewable easily.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I think concrete and wood both require maintenance. I just find it interesting that they would put a concrete countertop to look like wood when they could have just used wood and had an identical look with some of the same issues.

Plus, wood is a bit more “GREEN” than concrete…I think.

Wags

You can get recycled wood counters in a number of different species. I also didn’t understand when Solid Surface tired to copy the look of quartz, at a higher price … unless you have a unique application that requires the design capability of sollid surface ( thermo forming comes to mind) whats the point ? Especially when it cost more. Each product has their place in the marketplace, why try to be something your not? But I don’t like fake boob either

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Solid Surface emulating the quartz look has a place especially when you need or want a seamed in sink.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.