Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Looking at increasing production ability, anyone have input on CAMaster?

Michael
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I have a Multicam. Which model are you looking to buy?

I would also investigate the table size. Make sure you purchase one with at least a 60×144 table.

Michael

Andy,

I will take that on board as was looking at a 4′ x 12′ model of the CAMaster; they also carry a 5′ x 12′ model which would meet the requirements you speaking of. Most of what I do is high detail made to order pieces working with either fabricators, architects or designers to get the client that personal finish. One project working with at this time is being able to put Lithophanes into a clients house as part of the walls in specific rooms. Also adding custom milled to order (that’s me) datum rails for one possibly two rooms.

One of the reason I am looking at CAMaster is that price wise it will save me a good bit on cost and they are using parts and equipment I know and know will last (Italian HSD spindles, German vac pumps, Hiwin rails, Helical rack and pinion for X and Y). They also have the option of adding a 4th axis attachment to the side of the machine and I have some designs we are working on for custom columns and other projects that could benefit from that.

As it is this purchase may be here in the UK or might be in the US if we decide to move back (as I would be bringing as much of the equipment that can be easily switched to US compliant electrical as possible and affordable). As you know this kind of purchase is a big commitment and you have to have everything in place to make it worth while.This will be a big step up from my current machine which is a custom design and build.

Michael

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Have you considered a used machine? There are lot out there.

Fab Man

Go to Techno CNC Routers on the net.

http://www.technocnc.com they have several models and they are priced right.

I have 2 machines. One small table top for all the little parts and a 4″ x 8″
    for vanity tops, recessed shower caddy’s etc.

They make a nice light to mid duty machine called the LC series.

Located on Long Island, NY. Great service.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.