Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Eli Polite

i just felt like posting up some more pics more because im board than any other reason.
    i built these custom speaker towers out of corian and walnut

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Eli Polite

those are the only pics i have of them they looked a lot better finished

Eli Polite

more speaker stuff but wood working as well one of my many passions it shows a little of what go’s into this kind of work

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Eli,

Did you design all the baffles inside the box to work with your speakers? 

Eli Polite

yes i did it is tuned to 35 hz it was built for 100% sound quality it is like sitting in a concert hall. there was alot more done to it than just putting a sub woofer in the back i have built many audio systems over the years but tis was one of the best

I built this box over a couple of weekends for my kids truck. I wouldnt say that it is perfectly tuned but it sounds ok and she loves it. Besides I dont think that rap stuff is sang in tune anyways.

Eli Polite

who says its for rap!!! thats a huge misconception

i listen to 95% rock new and old steppenwolf, guns n roses, NIN, aerosmith, audioslave and so on
    most of the people that i know listen to rock the thing is its all the wannabe’s that drive around blasting it that gives it a bad name.

there are tuns of cars out there that have loud audio setups in them and you would never even know it. and as far as the rely big stuff and competitions we dont even play music we play tones in short 3 second bursts

here is my com setup it does not even play music believe it or not it just gets rely loud. it broke my wind shield
    Photobucket

POLITEFAB, Hey bud that looks really cool. What brand of drivers are those and what amp do you run. I am getting ready to build another system for my other kid in a 1992 bronco. I went with 10’s on the last one but this one
    I think I am going to use 12’s. Did you see my post that showed my box? I am not exactly sure how to do all that tuning stuff so I just did a sealed box with around .92 cub. ft of air space. Then I added the 2 6×9’s also.

Your box looks killer man, good job.

Eli Polite

they are digital design here are some more pics of some of my gear

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Eli Polite

i 100% recommend ddaudio you can get it from ddaudio.com

Tom M

So, got a big enough coil for that subwoofer?

Eli Polite

its a 3″ coil that is a digital design z sub it is the loudest sub in the world 1 subwoofer scored a 182.5 bd at the world finals it easily beat cars with 12 and 16 subs in them. that sub can take ove 200,000 watts for short bursts that one is not mine with a $5,000 per sub it gets a little expensive

the red one is min its just under the z model its a dd 9915 at a third the cost it is still a monster it can take over 100,000 watts for short tone bursts.

im working on a new project its a honda but i wont be working on it for a little while still when i do i will post pics

Lenny E

Eli,

Great Speakers! Kudos! Ditto on Aerosmith, Steppenwolf etc. Solid surface has a tradition in speaker boxes. Im glad to see you continuing that, and pushing the envelope farther. That’s just too cool. Anyone remember when Polk Audio had those small speakers , whose box was made totally from SS back in the day ? (late 80s – early 90s). They claim it had excellent qualities.

I like the marriage of wood and SS in your design. Can you post a sound byte from your speakers? (Im partial to Aerosmith).

Thanx for the pix, they were inspiring!

Tom M

True, Lenny, Polk Audio, Klipsch (sp?) and Bose were the early innovators back when we had hair of color. You know, or hair at all in some cases.

Interestingly, on studio monitors, the tuning is every bit as inmport as active speakers, but designed to do the opposite. That is, to render the sound as unaffected and pure as you can deliver it.

My $580.00 studio monitors are perfectly dull. I paid extra for that.

Like my life.

Lenny E

Posted By Tom M on 19 Nov 2008 12:10 AM

Interestingly, on studio monitors, the tuning is every bit as inmport as active speakers, but designed to do the opposite. That is, to render the sound as unaffected and pure as you can deliver it.

My $580.00 studio monitors are perfectly dull. I paid extra for that.

Like my life.

Tom,

Me too!  Thanks, that made me smile.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.