Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ross

I am moving shop and need to buy a new compressor setup. I am ignorant on the subject because I had the fortune to be sharing my neighbors Kaeser compressor for the last 17 years. I would like to start using 2 to 3 air sanders at a time and would appreciate input: From reading other posts it seems Kaeser is a good choice and 10hp plus is needed. What is the deal with extra tanks and air drying?

Thanks 
    3000 sq feet shop in N. California.
    KCWOOD

In my book, there is only one brand, http://www.saylor-beall.com/   made here in the USA. I have used mine for over 15 years, one pressure switch problem about 2 yrs ago and the part was just 24hrs and a phone call away.

Yes, they cost a little more than the imported ones you find…at some farm stores, ect..  but find parts for those… you can’t.

Ross

Thanks for the input. Hadn’t even come across that make.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I think a good screw type compressor that puts out enough CFM for your consumption. So if you use three sanders, you need to calculate the CFM and buy a comparable compressor.

Almost more important than the air compressor is running the lines correctly and purchasing the proper air dryer to keep the tools moisture free.

Be sure to add in the additional accessories along with the cost of the compressor. Doing it right the first time will save you lots in the future. We had to do our system twice and it still sucks. I will we would have know the correct method from the start.

Talk with a compressor company that specializes in the entire system not just the compressor.

khushivis

It is good for airplane and for storage of air.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.