Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    madslamaxer

Been doing the kitchen and vanity solid surface thing for the last 30+ years and want to expand more. Looking for custom updated shop to work in or install with in the Phoenix, Arizona area. May be willing to relocate with family. I want to create and fabricate high end custom projects in the solid surface industry.
    Please contact Frank Madrid at:
    madslamaxer@yahoo.com

Lenny E

Hi Frank,

Im Lenny, the insane inventor consultant guy on the site. Actually insane is a term used for homeless people. When you have houses in multiple countrys and own companys they upgrade you to eccentric!

Talk to (PM) Wags (Tom Wagner). He is a good guy, a surfacing legend, and lives out there in AZ. Maybe he could point you in the right direction or give some pointers as to who to talk to etc..

Andy made this cool site as a resource to the industry. It really is somethiong quite extraordinary! When we arent bickering among ourselves we are always ready to help a fellow member out.

It is said the surfacing community is a small exclusive club. The company name on the card changes but the faces remain the same!

Now I have  some constructive criticism. Im not ragging on you or anything, but I looked at your resume which was quite impressive, especially the variety of materials you have worked with. Please dont take this the wrong way, Im just trying to help you! Under the jobs section you hopped around alot, spending less than a year at many places. Also you have a gap in employment. You need to explain that in some fashion on the resume. Employers freak out when they read that sort of thing, especially in this down economy when the employer can be choosy.

Also I would make another resume, and list all 30 years of experience! They say a resume should only be 2 pages long but dont believe the hype! Mine is 10 pages long! 3 pages are just freaking patents, articles published and speaking engagements. But we (the surfacing community) are an exclusive and small club, and we all know each other.

My advice is to Use the 2 page resume to get the interview, and drop the longer one on them when you get to the interview portion and meet them face to face!

I hope this helps and Good Luck!

madslamaxer

Thank you Lenny for the advice. I appreciate the friendly critique you have passed along to me. I have revamped my resume and am looking forward to using it. Once again, thank you.  Apologies for the late response.

Frank Madrid
    Jon Olson

Frank, there aren’t many cutting edge shops in the USA, most are on the east coast.

Try some millwork shops ,they tend to get involved with the cutting edge stuff.
    Lenny E

Hi Frank,

I just looked at your resume. It looks good. I like the objectives and what you can accomplish for the company in question when they hire you.

Wishing you the best of luck on your job search!

Wags

Frank.. this is a little late, but I’ve been “out of pocket” for a while.
    The two best SS shops in Az are D Moe and Western Mill work. Both located in the phoenix area. D Moe does only SS while Western does in house Mill work, Stone and SS.

Not talked to either of them in a while, so not sure if they are hiring or not.. of course, everyone is always looking for a great employee.

Good Luck !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.